Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

15 Day Experience as a Vegan

This experience wasn't really my choice. But, I did decide to listen to the zhong yi (中医)and comply with her suggestions and go through with this acupuncture therapy and be vegan for 15 days. It wasn't so much the worst 15 days of my life, it was just difficult. Well...sort of.

During the first few days all I could think about was meat. MEAT! Beef, pork, chicken---Mmmh (yes, this is from Mulan). I dreaded eating. Having to think about what I was going to eat for each meal was painful. Tossing meat out of my diet was hard enough, but eggs and dairy too? But you know what, I decided to tough it out and ate fruit. Lots and lots and lots of fruit. I also ate lots and lots and lots of carbs.

Now that the 15 days are over, I realized that yes, meat needs to stay in my diet, but it really wasn't as hard as I thought and if needed to, I could probably do it again, though that would never ever happen again. And living on veggies did make me feel better.

Being vegan was hard, but I think these 15 days were worth it. I think the only downside was tofu. I ate way too much tofu. I never really liked tofu and I would have no trouble cutting it out of my diet. Except for stinky tofu (臭豆腐) that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment